Monday, December 6, 2010

My Toy List

Mummy and the Papa had a disagreement about my toy list.  Mummy thinks it's good to give me all kinds of toys - she calls it "gender-neutral socialization" - so that I don't become too much of a boy's boy. Papa thinks she's crazy and that she shouldn't experiment with me. Mummy says there is nothing wrong with giving me a girl's toy as well as boys' toys. Here is what they discussed:
Teddy Bear
Papa: Okay


Football
Papa: Okay

Truck
Papa: He should have a Maserati, but okay.

Barbie Doll
Papa: No Way!!
Mummy: Why not?
Papa: We are NOT giving him a doll.
Mummy: Tell me why he cannot have a doll if he can have a truck and football?
Papa: Let other scientists mess around with other people's kids lah. My son is not playing with a doll! (twitches exasperatedly)
Mummy: Give me ONE reason why not?
Papa: He'll become gay!
Mummy: No he won't.
Papa: Yes he will.
Mummy: No he won't.
I don't know what "gay" means, I think it's something like having an extra hand or extra foot, cos Papa seems to be very afraid of it. I don't even know what the fuss is, as long as they give me something to do when I'm out there, I will be fine. Now I only have my umbilical cord to play with and it's not that interesting. The other thing is jumping on Mummy's bladder and she doesn't like it either. So bring me the Barbie Doll! I don't care! 


1 comment: