Friday, March 18, 2011

My New Library

Here are some German books that Mummy has ordered for me.  They will soon be delivered to Oma's in Germany.  Mummy takes my education very seriously, especially my ability to speak Chinese and German. She said that no self-respecting Chinese is unable to speak Mandarin and that goes the same for Germans too, and since I am both, I cannot let two civilisations down. Plus Oma and Opa will be very upset if I can't speak to them.



Mummy said she was concerned about Papa's ability to teach me German (cos she complained to Papa that he does not speak German to me) so she went to look for German picture books and made Papa agree to read them to me when Uncle Tobi brings them to Singapore.  She is also doing an experiment with me to see if when I am born, I can remember the music and the stories that she and Papa read to me.



I like Green Eggs and Ham and I kick Mummy whenever I hear Papa reading it. Papa's reading is a lot better than his singing.  Mummy reads a Chinese one to me too, I don't understand it at all, but it has a nice rhythm like Green Eggs and I like rhythms.


Mummy asked Papa if he knew any German nursery rhymes and he said he did, but Mummy doesn't trust him and she said she will search around for a book for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment