Monday, June 20, 2011

One Month Old


Today I am one month old.

On Friday last week, my parents and I were very busy with my Full Month gift box which we had to deliver to many people because turning 1 month is a big deal. There were two brownies, two mochi and two red eggs. The red eggs are a Chinese tradition and must be given to family and friends when a baby is one month old.

Am Freitag bin ich einen Monat alt geworden. Nach Chinesischer Tradition, haben wir rote Eier und anderen Krams in einer Kiste an die Familie verteilt. Keine Ahnung was das soll. Mama konnte es nicht so recht erklaeren aber zumindest sind wir ne Weile in der Gegend rumgefahren.
The other tradition is to shave the baby's head. I am glad Mummy and Papa decided not to do that to me.

Eine zweite Tradition ist es, den Kopf zu rasieren. Gut dass wir nicht allzu traditionell sind. Meine haare fallen mir ohnehin aus.

No comments:

Post a Comment